Today, we are excited to introduce the first cohort of startups to participate in San Antonio Startup Next! Startup Next is a Techstars pre-accelerator program that prepares startups that are seeking seed funding or acceptance into top tier accelerators like Techstars, Y-Combinator and 500 Startups. The six-week program will consist of weekly talks, pitch practice and intensive mentorship. The program is part of the Techstars family and currently operates out of only 28 cities worldwide. This is the first time Techstars is producing the program in San Antonio, and we will be based at Geekdom. For more information on Startup Next, please visit startupnext.co.
For the inaugural cohort, we had over 30 startups apply and accepted seven to participate in the program. They begin tonight with a talk on startup communications and funding types from Blake Yeager, Techstars Managing Director.
Who are the companies? Seven totally different, absolutely talented startups with really cool ideas.
- Cloud Therapy (cloudtherapy.co)
- Cloud Therapy is a cognitive engine that analyzes health data and provides AI interaction to help end answer questions regarding that information.
- Coder’s Link (coderslink.com)
- Coder’s Link connects great Mexican tech talent to great companies in the US.
- Evermarket (evermarket.com)
- Evermarket is the verified Military Community Marketplace, providing a trusted peer-2-peer market, exclusive deals and installation resources for our Military members and their families.
- Expert to Help (experttohelp.com)
- Expert to Help connects growth companies to finance talent and builds them business intelligence dashboards.
- Flipmass (flipmass.com)
- Flipmass is the social marketplace for influencers, by influencers.
- Rising Barn (risingbarn.com)
- Rising Barn unlocks real estate value using digital technology and design to simplify the development and construction process, from concept to move-in.
- Teach Tag (teachtag.com)
- Teach Tag helps teachers supplement their lesson plans by providing them tools to discover, share, and organize teaching ideas and materials.
Keep on the lookout for future spotlights on each of these Startup Next companies as they go through the program. Be sure to mark June 2nd on your calendar for the upcoming Startup Next demo day at 6pm! It will be held in the Geekdom Event Centre, and there will be snacks.