We’re proud to announce the launch of the 2022 Pre-accelerator Program. Established in 2018, the Geekdom Pre-accelerator is the longest running program available to startups in the Geekdom community. Over 20 startups have gone through the program over the years and we’re excited to accept seven more companies to go through the 2022 cohort.
The core focus of the Pre-accelerator is to help founders master their pitch, prepare for accelerators, and learn more about the various funding mechanisms available to startups. Each week, the founders will attend lunchtime AMA sessions with topics ranging from venture capital to angel investment to key general & administrative items for startups. The companies will also attend weekly pitch practice sessions followed by back-to-back mentorship sessions.
The seven companies selected for the 2022 cohort are:
- MVP Vibe
- Founders: Amanda & Eddie Bankston
- Description: MVP Vibe is a social media app for independent artists to connect with their fans and earn money.
- Founders: Catherine Sansing & Dale Blankenship
- Description: Umami Wine Guide helps wine retailers sell more wine through a curated digital shopping experience for their customers.
- Founder: Christian Garcia
- Description: Developmate helps real estate professionals qualify more real estate locations faster with less effort by automating, aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing all static and streaming real estate location data into one online map.
- Founders: Liza Gomez & John Martin
- Description: SAFEtech creates solutions to improve school safety by using technology to streamline attendance in real time, create clear lines of communication for staff and first responders, and digitizing crisis event procedures to improve response times.
- Founders: Leo Salazar & Becky Lopez
- Description: Scripttrainer trains employees to master customized scripts by eliminating the need of a role-playing partner. The software will role-play, record and grade the user’s response saving a company time and money.
- The Dog Guide
- Founder: Amy Lynn Johnson
- Description: The Dog Guide helps dog owners and their dogs live their best lives through our hyperlocal network of websites across the United States.
- PrintNet 3D
- Founder: Caleb Scott
- Description: Distributed manufacturing software that automates 3d printers.
Past success stories to come from the 6-week program include fin-tech startup FloatMe, which has raised over $49M in funding since 2018 and Braustin Homes, the nations first online platform for individuals looking to buy a home. Other notable Pre-accelerator alumni include: MelloBe, Allosense, Evo Security, and Pretty Simple.
The program will culminate in a public Demo Day event where each startup will give their 5-minute pitch and have the opportunity to meet local investors. Click here to watch the 2021 Geekdom Pre-accelerator Demo Day video.