06 Aug Intensive Testing – Next Steps
Hi there fellow Geek!
So, you just got your test results. Now what? Well, first off we want to say thank you for participating in our Intensive Testing Pilot Program. We know it’s not the most convenient thing, so thanks for going out of your way to #behelpful! You’re helping suppress the spread of Covid-19 and keeping our community safer!
So what do the results mean?
A lot of things in 2020 have been confusing, so we want to make sure that your next steps are as easy to understand as possible.
I got a Negative test result, now what?
We are happy to say you are welcome to work at Geekdom again once you’ve received a negative test result. Follow these steps to claim your spot and get to work!
- • Book a reservation for your workspace (find instructions here)
- • Check in on the 7th floor upon entry
- • Keep on practicing social distancing, mask wearing, and being generally awesome
- • Your results are good for 7 days (email firstname.lastname@example.org for your next test)
I got a Positive test result, what should I do?
We want to make sure you can take the next steps to keep yourself safe and informed. The following recommendations are based on CDC guidelines. We also encourage you to reach out to your healthcare provider for more information and advice.
I got a Positive test result and have symptoms.
- • Check the symptoms list
- • Isolate and quarantine for 14 days
- • You can schedule your next test 14 days from your initial positive test. You can be around others after:
- – 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- – 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- – COVID-19 symptoms have improved (for example, cough, shortness of breath)
- • Take good care of yourself and feel better!
I got a Positive test and don’t have symptoms.
- • If you haven’t already, isolate and quarantine for 14 days
- – After 14 days you can schedule another test by emailing email@example.com
- • Provide documentation that you have already gotten a positive test and quarantined for 14 days, or a doctor’s note stating you can return to work. Please email this documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org to get cleared for entry.
- • After getting cleared, you can come back to work at Geekdom!
I am getting too overwhelmed by all this information.
We know it’s a lot to take in all at once. We recommend the following relaxation techniques to get back into some good vibes.
- • Take some deep breaths
- • Do a mindfulness meditation
- • Take a walk outside
- • Call a friend
- • Take a bubble bath
- • Watch a funny video
- • Play some video games
Whatever you do, we just want you to know we care about you! Thanks again for participating in our Intensive Testing Pilot Program. For any questions, please feel free to reach out at email@example.com.